Can a meditation aromatherapy blend of essential oils help with focusing on the present and encourage mindfulness? We live such chaotic lives filled with multi-tasking. We all operate on auto-pilot way too often. When we finally have a moment to ourselves, we tend to reach for our phones, iPads or the television to relax.
Benefits of Meditation
There is evidence that meditation has been around since pre-historic times. Archeologists believe meditation practice began 5000 years ago in India. Researchers have found many benefits to meditation.
- happiness; increases in feelings of positivity
- stress and cortisol reduction, which is linked to cellular aging
- emotional balance improvements, ability to put life in perspective
- productivity; increases in focus, creativity and multitasking
- reductions in pain perception
- improved relaxation and a more peaceful mind
- improved immune health
Tips for Beginning Meditation
An easy way to begin to meditate is through mindful breathing. Start your diffuser in a quiet place with a few drops of Meditation Aromatherapy Blend Set a timer for 5 minutes. Sit in a chair, on a bench or on a cushion. Relax, close your eyes or not, and focus on your breathing. If your mind begins to wander, gently bring it back to breathing in and out. Gradually increase your meditation time.
Meditation Aromatherapy Blend
Certain essential oils are known to aid a harmonious link between mind, body and spirit that is key to meditation. The Meditation Aromatherapy Blend helps you to relax when you’re busy, which encourages slower, deeper breathing. It creates a wonderfully restful yet uplifting aroma, that can be diffused to help promote a sense of calm and focus for meditation.
Key Ingredients in Meditation Aromatherapy Blend
- Frankincense: promotes deep breathing, sustainably sourced from Oman and certified organic
- Vetiver: promotes relaxation, from Madagascar, Sri Lanka or Haiti
- Sandalwood: promotes feelings of wellbeing, sustainably sourced from Australia
- Balsam Fir: balancing and uplifting from Canada
- Black Pepper: tones and stimulates from Sri Lanka
- Balsam Copaiba: calming, balancing, grounding, certified organic from Brazil
- Mandarin: calming, soothing, certified organic, from Brazil
- Orange: uplifting, certified organic and sourced from Italy
- Palmarosa: eases restlessness, balancing, certified organic from Uganda
- Cedarwood: reduces stress and tension, certified organic from France
Now is the time to begin a regular meditation practice. It’s exciting to think something so simple can deliver so many benefits. With practice, you can meditate while on the go, while walking, or in a bath. Just focus on your breathing or a phrase, or a repetitive prayer. Find what works best for you, and enjoy a moment of zen each day.